What Should We Bring?
Below are some suggestions and requirements of things you should bring on your mountain vacation!
Things You'll NEED to Bring for ANY Season:
- Sheets and Pillowcases
- Towels and Washcloths
- Kitchen Towels
- Dish Soap
- Paper Towels & Toilet Paper
- Plastic Trash Bags
- Food & Drinks
- SNOW CHAINS IN THE WINTER MONTHS!** Also, read: A REMINDER TO OUR WINTER RENTERS
- SEASONAL CLOTHES
- Card & Board Games
- Smores - Graham Crackers, Hershey Bars & Marshmallows!
- Videos or DVD's (if Cabin has Player)
- Hiking Boots
- ATVs (Permits are Required for Off-Road Use)
- Bait & Tackle (a license is required)
- Bug Spray
**In the winter months it is required that have snow chains for your vehicle! On your drive up the mountain, if you are required to put snow chains on your tires, you will be told when and where to put them on by the CHP. If you do not have chains, when required, the CHP will make you turn around and go back down the mountain.
Yes, even 4x4 Vehicles must have snow chains, most of the time you will only required to carry your chains and show them to the CHP when requested!
A REMINDER TO OUR WINTER RENTERS
is located at 7200 feet and therefore can be subject to various winter conditions. Please be advised of the following:
- If you cannot reach
due to road closures you will not be charged.
- ALWAYS carry chains from October through April.
- Your parking space will be cleared when the cabin is “opened” on your arrival day but if the snow continues after that you may have to do some shoveling. Shovels are provided at each cabin and we suggest you carry one with you as a precaution. It is best to arrive well before dark during times like this.
- We suggest you back into the parking space so you will be heading toward the street.
- NEVER park in someone else’s parking area.
- Cozy Cabin Rentals is not responsible for street maintenance. We are all dependant on the County for the roads being cleared.
- Please respect the private property of others.
has some “natural” and public snow play areas. We will be glad to provide you with this information upon request.
- The Mountains are subject to power interruptions and we suggest you be prepared to “expect the unexpected”. This is one reason we tell you to bring flashlights. Power interruption can result in loss of lights, satellite, cable, phone and heat if the furnace has an electronic ignition. These things are out of our control and are NOT subject to any refunds or price adjustment. No exceptions.
is a beautiful area anytime of year. We welcome and appreciate your business and we feel the above information will help you be prepared and save you from any unfortunate surprises.